CONSUMER – PLEASE BE AWARE:
- Have you contacted by any mail which they are representing smalloanlender? It is Fake Id and trying to Scam on Our Name. Please don’t reply to them and report them to the authorities.
- Have you been called by someone claiming you have been pre-approved for a loan, and all you have to do is spend $150-300 for a processing fee? It is a scam. We do not conduct transactions over the phone. smalloanlender.com DOES NOT have any loan agents contact you. Do not provide the caller with any personal information. WE NEVER CALL ANYONE. We do not solicit customers over the phone.
- Have you been called by someone claiming you have defaulted on a loan and will face criminal prosecution unless you immediately wire them the money? It is probably a scam.
Here’s what to do:
If you receive a suspicious telephone call:
- Ask the caller to provide their name, company name, address, phone number, and official documentation verifying the debt.
- Don’t give or confirm any bank account, credit card, social security number, or other personal information over the phone.
- Please report suspicious calls to your local law enforcement.
Tips to avoid becoming a victim of this scam:
- Never give your Social Security number – or personal information of any kind – over the telephone or online unless you initiate the contact.
- Be suspicious of any e-mail with urgent requests for personal financial information. The e-mail may include upsetting or exciting but false statements to get you to react immediately.
- Avoid filling out forms in e-mail messages that request personal information.
- Ensure that your browser is up-to-date, and security patches have been applied.
- Check your bank, credit, and debit card statements regularly to ensure that there are no unauthorized transactions. If anything looks suspicious, contact your bank and all card issuers.
- When you contact companies, use numbers provided on the back of cards or statements